Most of the cranes dotting the skyline now are building apartment high-rises, though there are also several new offices going up at a time of intense competition for space among companies.
- Warp & Woof Test Story VIEW
- Microsoft pledges $500 million to tackle housing crisis in Seattle, Eastside
- T-Mobile executives were Trump customers while seeking deal approval
- Video released of Seattle police sergeant who sat in a chair in front of a man’s workplace, seeking an apology WATCH
- 3 found dead in Sammamish a longtime Realtor, author, their son, relative says
- Man driving stolen Yellow Cab crashes after police chase on I-5 near Northgate
- Anacortes man cured of hepatitis C after willingly receiving a heart from infected donor
A Tim Eyman-written measure to make Washington state car tabs cost just $30 could be on your ballot this November. It could have far-reaching effects.
Steve Escame was the most inspiring teacher and coach some Foster High students ever had. But one Des Moines woman, motivated by seeing Bill Cosby led away in handcuffs, has come forward to accuse the retired 80-year-old of pursuing her romantically while she was a freshman and sophomore. VIEW
Bisato is back. West Seattle gets a pasta spot from the chef behind Il Corvo. Read about all the delicious buzz on Seattle restaurant openings planned for 2019.
- Washington state lawmakers attempt again to raise the minimum legal age for tobacco sales
- Pedestrian dies after being hit by truck on I-5 near Burlington
- 53-year-old man fatally shot in White Center identified
- Developers must provide alternatives to driving alone, Seattle City Council decides
- Washington lieutenant governor skips Inslee’s speech over gun fears
- It’s official: 6 biggest U.S. banks topped $100 billion in profit
- Huawei reportedly target of U.S. criminal probe for trade secrets theft
- John Bogle dies at 89; fought for lower fees for investors
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez vs. Wall Street: Lawmaker wins spot on powerful House committee
- Nike’s new $350 smart sneaker will require regular recharging WATCH
- Falling tree kills man as storm lashes California VIEW
- Volcano in southern Japan erupts; no injuries or damage
- Trump administration to roll out new missile defense plan
- 2 US service members, 2 US civilians killed in Syria blast WATCH
- American anchor for Iranian TV is arrested on visit to US WATCH
- YouTube bans risky prank videos amid spate of ‘Bird Box’ challenge stunts
- ‘Dear Evan Hansen,’ a teen musical hit, delves into deep, and digital, issues
- ‘Cold War’ tells a mesmerizing love story through music, chilly beauty and empty spaces WATCH
- Now streaming: ‘Eighth Grade,’ ‘The Old Man & the Gun,’ ‘Halloween’ sequel
- Paperback Picks: books by Dave Eggers, Ursula K. Le Guin and more VIEW
- It’s going to cost more to ‘Netflix and chill’ as company raises rates in U.S.
- William Barr’s welcome pledge to protect Mueller | Editorial
- United to save salmon and orcas | Op-Ed
- Congress should override new birth-control restrictions | Editorial
- After Kirkland yogurt-shop incident, a much-needed policy change | Editorial
- Witnessing firsthand the cruel and inhumane treatment of asylum-seekers | Op-Ed
- Heard in Olympia: Responses to Gov. Inslee’s presidential aspirations | Op-Ed
Featured Video Stories
- Marie Kondo’ing my kitchen: What a food writer learned from a total pantry re-org with a food-waste expert VIEW
- A legend in the Seattle food scene returns and 8 more big openings for 2019
- A never-ending quest for the perfect Seattle ramen
- As the Viaduct tumbles, a dynamic, carefully designed living landscape waits to emerge
- Travel Troubleshooter | What to do when flight reimbursement is promised, but never shows up
- Stevens Pass is under new management. Here’s what skiers and snowboarders want fixed. VIEW
- Learn to cross-country ski in Washington’s Methow Valley
- Orcas Island made The New York Times’ list of 52 places to visit in 2019. What else should have been there?
Looking ahead to 2019
"Black reflects the current state of rebelliousness and contentiousness in the world, but it also provides a feeling of privacy and protection."