Many new arrivals at the U.S.-Mexico border have come to find safety. But what they often find instead, as U.S. policies evolve, is uncertainty.
Local News Photography
Postcards from the Past
- Photos: What did Sea-Tac Airport look like in 1949? Think Stratocruisers and an old-timey diner. VIEW
- Vintage photos showcase beauty of Olympic National Park VIEW
- Watch: Mini-hydroplane races were so dangerous, many didn’t finish VIEW
- Photos: Bitter Lake’s Playland brought amusement to Seattle from 1930 to ’60s VIEW
- Seattle's 1906 Central Library was magnificent — and far too popular VIEW
- More than 100 years ago, streetcars ran throughout Seattle. Here’s how they met their demise. VIEW
- Reader’s Lens | A steady light among streaking stars
- Reader’s Lens | Larch madness is here
- Reader’s Lens | A tree frog was trying to hide, but this reader spotted it. Can you?
- An eagle at crew practice? A reader stumbled on the wild scene in Laurelhurst
- Can you spot the second person in this reader’s image of hot-air balloons?
- Reader’s Lens | Eagles tag-team their hunt for dinner