Alyssa McLemore is the first missing Native American woman to be featured on semitruck trailers as part of the Washington State Patrol’s 14-year-old “Homeward Bound” program, which features posters bearing the likeness of missing people to raise awareness and possibly aid in their recovery. VIEW
Most Read Local Stories
- Relatives wonder whether drugs, revenge figured in Yakama Reservation killings VIEW
- Former Idaho governor seeks investigation of mining company
- After another strong Coors outing by Lucchesi, Padres hold on to beat Rockies
- 'Please help find me': Photos of missing Kent woman to hit states' highways VIEW
- Seattle to protect Showbox from redevelopment for at least 6 more months
Featured Video Stories
- Amazon, Microsoft and others give tens of millions for homeless housing
- Amazon donating $8 million to affordable-housing efforts in Seattle, Virginia
- In Seattle, fast-paced redevelopment displaces the safe spaces for homeless young adults VIEW
- San Francisco plans to force mentally ill addicts into a system critics call ripe for abuses
Project Homeless is a new Seattle Times initiative that explores and explains the region’s complex, troubling problem of homelessness. With strong watchdog reporting and vivid storytelling, Project Homeless seeks to spotlight what is working, and what is not working, in responding to homelessness. We will also feature solutions-oriented reporting from elsewhere in the country.
Local News Photography
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — German pharmaceutical giant Bayer AG is closing its crop science division headquarters in North Carolina and moving 500 jobs to the St. Louis area, Missouri Gov. Mike Parson and a company executive announced Tuesday. Lisa Safarian, Bayer's commercial operations-North America president, said the company is moving the crop science North...
More Special Reports
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 4.3 has rattled parts of the San Francisco Bay Area. There are no immediate reports of damage. The quake struck Tuesday afternoon 9 miles (14 kilometers) south of Brentwood, California. People took to social media to say they felt a sharp jolt in the...