A little "homage'' to teammate Luke Willson from a few other teammates Monday also gives a peek into how Carroll likes his team to have fun.
- If you thought Seahawks would blow lead vs. Vikings, you haven’t been watching | Matt Calkins
- Huskies keep high-scoring trend rolling with 90-80 victory over EWU, now look toward Gonzaga VIEW
- Ziggy Ansah’s shoulder is ‘a problem,’ but otherwise Seahawks mostly healthy after Vikings game
- Scouting report: UW Huskies look to extend dominance over Eastern Washington
- USC retains coach Clay Helton despite fan dissatisfaction
- Gonzaga rolls past Texas Southern 101-62
- UW’s Mike Hopkins reflects on time with ‘mentor and friend’ Chris Petersen
- Chris Petersen’s resignation was stunning, but there are hints at why he decided to walk away from UW | Larry Stone WATCH
Top Sports Stories
Kasen Williams, the former UW star, said. "My favorite part is the helmets. The helmets stood out to me the most." VIEW
There was no victory celebration for the Seahawks' defense three games ago when Seattle beat Tampa Bay 40-34 in overtime. At that point, though, the defenders decided it was time for a change. A change for the better.
UW coaching shakeup
Lucas Meek played a total of three minutes in his first two seasons for the Washington men's soccer team. In his third year, he became a star for the Huskies.
The state has lost over 1,500 high-school officials over the last decade, a trend that could cause your child's game to be canceled in the near future.
NHL Seattle’s Ron Francis comes under heavy criticism for his handling of Carolina Hurricanes player abuse
The biggest highlight of NHL Seattle's first franchise year was the hiring of Ron Francis as general manager. And now there’s a cloud over that as Francis gets scrutinized for his handling of coach Bill Peters when they were with the Carolina Hurricanes.
- UW women give No. 10 UCLA a scare, but Bruins prevail in overtime.
- Joe Burrow caps perfect season by leading LSU to national title, 42-25 over Clemson
- 5th-ranked Stanford women pull away from Washington in 2nd half
- Van Dyke named UW women’s soccer coach
- Amber Melgoza scores 31 for Huskies, hits two big buckets at end for 67-64 victory over Cal
Hockey2021 Expansion to Seattle
Notice: the_widget was called incorrectly. Widgets need to be registered using
register_widget(), before they can be displayed. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 4.9.0.) in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4196
- The King’s Farewell: The end of Felix Hernandez’s long, complicated journey with the Mariners | In-depth
- How, in one zany, quirky season, the Seattle Pilots became so much more than a footnote in history | Larry Stone VIEW
- 40 years ago, an unheralded group of Sonics brought Seattle its only NBA title. Here’s how they did it.
- The forgotten story of Game 6: The Mother’s Day drama that kept the 1979 Sonics’ title hopes alive
- 5-star recruit Isaiah Stewart is bringing a tenacious work ethic to UW. He can thank his dad for that.
Lucha Libre Volcánica (2:34)
Major League BaseballAround the League
DENVER (AP) — All-Star shortstop Trevor Story and the Colorado Rockies have agreed to a $27.5 million, two-year contract that avoids an arbitration hearing, according to a person familiar with the deal. The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Friday night because the agreement was pending a physical and had not...
- AP source: Zimmerman, Nationals agree on $2M plus incentives
- Fiers declines to discuss whistleblower role in cheat scam
- Keuchel apologizes for 2017 Astros’ sign-stealing scandal
- From family of baseball royalty, Rojas promises Mets success VIEW
- Mets make it official, announce Rojas as their new manager
National Football LeagueAround the League
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — When San Francisco 49ers CEO Jed York got rid of his third coach in as many seasons three years ago and faced calls for his removal as well to get the once-proud franchise back on track, he was defiant in face of that criticism. "You don't dismiss owners," York said...
- Column: ‘We Don’t Like to Draft a Guy Who’s Too Smart’
- NFL at 100: Afterthought as it is, Pro Bowl has rich history VIEW
- Trades play big role in building of Super Bowl-bound 49ers VIEW
- With foundation in Mahomes, Chiefs built team for Super Bowl
- AP source: Vikings’ Paton withdraws from Browns GM job hunt
National Basketball AssociationAround the League
DALLAS (AP) — The Dallas Mavericks didn’t take long to settle on a plan to fill a big void created by a season-ending injury to center Dwight Powell. The Mavericks are set to acquire Willie Cauley-Stein from the Golden State Warriors for a second-round pick in this year’s draft, three people with knowledge of the...
- In Paris, Michael Jordan takes questions on many NBA topics
- Big 12-SEC Challenge gives both leagues chance to impress
- Only three players on court at buzzer after basketball brawl
- Analysis: Too many players making mockery of All-Star voting
- Rematch! James, Antetokounmpo are All-Star captains again VIEW