Russell Wilson on the rookie receiver: "DK is looking really, really special. He can do anything and everything. He’s tremendous."
- Mariners blow lead, but get help from Twins for victory in 10 innings VIEW
- Portland stymies short-handed Sounders 2-1 in U.S. Open Cup play VIEW
- Arch Madness: Blues win 1st Stanley Cup, beating Bruins 4-1 VIEW
- UW finds star athlete’s sexual assault allegation credible, but athletic executive quietly moved on
- ‘More versatility the better’: Mariners’ Shed Long to try left field with no open spot at second base
- With Bobby Wagner on the sideline, other Seahawks linebackers make news on first day of minicamp
- Top Mariners prospect Justus Sheffield maintains confidence amid worst stretch of pro career
- Goals: U.S. makes emphatic arrival at Women’s World Cup with record-breaking rout of Thailand
- M’s lose 6-5: Bullpen implosion wastes quality start by Leake, 3-run HR by Encarnacion VIEW
Top Sports Stories
For the casual soccer fan, this can be a confusing time. There’s a prestigious, century-old tournament match happening Wednesday at Cheney Stadium in Tacoma, but only a handful of players from the Sounders' preferred starting 11 are available. Let us explain.
Several factors came into play Monday during Game 5 of the NBA Finals in Toronto, a haunting evening for Durant and the NBA. Everyone was in a rush to assign blame after Durant planted, winced and crumpled late in the first quarter because of a right-leg injury.
Sure the wins were easier to swallow and the loses have been tough, but the Mariners' clubhouse seems to be holding together. You also had plenty of questions about ruptured testicles, home cooking and more in Ryan Divish's latest Sunday mailbag.
Chris Petersen and Mike Hopkins coach different programs, and they succeed in different ways. But since Hopkins arrived in March 2017, the Husky head coaches have leaned on and learned from each other.
What should Seattle do with its public golf courses and the 528 acres of mostly green space they occupy? That’s a question being asked by the city, which commissioned a study looking at the future of the city’s municipal courses — the only public golf courses in Seattle.
Hockey2021 Expansion to Seattle
High Schools Sports Photos & Video
Most Read Sports Stories
- Convincing Hall to stay is a Devil of a task for New Jersey
- AP source: Simmons, 76ers agree to $170 million, 5-year deal
- Cavs waive shooting guard JR Smith after eventful tenure
- D'Arnaud 3 HRs, 3-run drive in 9th lifts Rays over Yanks 5-4 VIEW
- Junis, Lopez lead Royals past White Sox 5-2 VIEW
- The forgotten story of Game 6: The Mother’s Day drama that kept the 1979 Sonics’ title hopes alive
- 5-star recruit Isaiah Stewart is bringing a tenacious work ethic to UW. He can thank his dad for that.
- The legend of Seattle U coach Al Brightman: A brilliant career cut short WATCH
- Welcome to Seahawks Twitter, a wild, weird world full of snark — and Russell Wilson’s favorite videos
- More than the Metropolitans: Before NHL arrives, a comprehensive Seattle hockey history VIEW
Major League BaseballAround the League
CHICAGO (AP) — With their All-Star catcher sidelined, the Chicago Cubs quickly found some experienced help behind the plate. The NL Central leaders acquired Martín Maldonado in a trade with Kansas City on Monday night that sent left-hander Mike Montgomery to the Royals. Cubs president of baseball operations Theo Epstein announced the deal following Chicago's...
National Football LeagueAround the League
ASHBURN, Va. (AP) — Washington Redskins quarterback Alex Smith has finally shed the massive brace on his right leg eight months after breaking his tibia and fibula in gruesome fashion. Smith's wife, Elizabeth, posted a photo Monday of him holding the ring external fixator in his hand. The team's Twitter account re-posted that picture with...
National Basketball AssociationAround the League
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Minnesota Lynx scoring leader Odyssey Sims is due back in court in September on drunken driving charges. Sims made her first court appearance Tuesday on two gross misdemeanor DWI charges. A pre-trial hearing was set for Sept. 10. According to the Minnesota State Patrol, Sims was pulled over for speeding and an...