Russell Wilson on the rookie receiver: "DK is looking really, really special. He can do anything and everything. He’s tremendous."
- Mariners blow lead, but get help from Twins for victory in 10 innings VIEW
- Portland stymies short-handed Sounders 2-1 in U.S. Open Cup play VIEW
- Arch Madness: Blues win 1st Stanley Cup, beating Bruins 4-1 VIEW
- UW finds star athlete’s sexual assault allegation credible, but athletic executive quietly moved on
- ‘More versatility the better’: Mariners’ Shed Long to try left field with no open spot at second base
- With Bobby Wagner on the sideline, other Seahawks linebackers make news on first day of minicamp
- Top Mariners prospect Justus Sheffield maintains confidence amid worst stretch of pro career
- Goals: U.S. makes emphatic arrival at Women’s World Cup with record-breaking rout of Thailand
- M’s lose 6-5: Bullpen implosion wastes quality start by Leake, 3-run HR by Encarnacion VIEW
Top Sports Stories
For the casual soccer fan, this can be a confusing time. There’s a prestigious, century-old tournament match happening Wednesday at Cheney Stadium in Tacoma, but only a handful of players from the Sounders' preferred starting 11 are available. Let us explain.
Several factors came into play Monday during Game 5 of the NBA Finals in Toronto, a haunting evening for Durant and the NBA. Everyone was in a rush to assign blame after Durant planted, winced and crumpled late in the first quarter because of a right-leg injury.
Sure the wins were easier to swallow and the loses have been tough, but the Mariners' clubhouse seems to be holding together. You also had plenty of questions about ruptured testicles, home cooking and more in Ryan Divish's latest Sunday mailbag.
Chris Petersen and Mike Hopkins coach different programs, and they succeed in different ways. But since Hopkins arrived in March 2017, the Husky head coaches have leaned on and learned from each other.
What should Seattle do with its public golf courses and the 528 acres of mostly green space they occupy? That’s a question being asked by the city, which commissioned a study looking at the future of the city’s municipal courses — the only public golf courses in Seattle.
- Washington’s Andrew Jordan wins West Regional cross-country title
- UW men’s soccer clinches Pac-12 title
- Huskies’ Lesle Gallimore earns her second Pac-12 coach of the year award in women’s soccer
- Washington draws Seattle U in NCAA women’s soccer tournament
- Washington sweeps Oregon in volleyball in Eugene
- Sideline Chatter: Or maybe Clint Eastwood could star in ‘Trouble With the Resolution’
- Sideline Chatter: So the Mariners’ ‘step back’ will have to include April games?
- Washington Nationals win in Houston to force a deciding Game 7 in World Series
- Houston Astros limit Washington to 1 run again, take 3-2 lead in World Series
- Houston Astros pound host Washington Nationals in Game 4 to even World Series
Hockey2021 Expansion to Seattle
High Schools Sports Photos & Video
Most Read Sports Stories
- Agholor invites hero who criticized him to a game
- Mets coach posts video of Céspedes taking batting practice
- Seahawks minicamp impressions: Russell Wilson continues to heap praise on rookie DK Metcalf VIEW
- Tua Tagovailoa’s prognosis ‘excellent’ after his surgery
- Antonio Brown apologizes to Patriots, owner Robert Kraft
- The forgotten story of Game 6: The Mother’s Day drama that kept the 1979 Sonics’ title hopes alive
- 5-star recruit Isaiah Stewart is bringing a tenacious work ethic to UW. He can thank his dad for that.
- The legend of Seattle U coach Al Brightman: A brilliant career cut short WATCH
- Welcome to Seahawks Twitter, a wild, weird world full of snark — and Russell Wilson’s favorite videos
- More than the Metropolitans: Before NHL arrives, a comprehensive Seattle hockey history VIEW
Major League BaseballAround the League
Brandon Dickson, the U.S. closer who blew a ninth-inning lead, threw his last major league pitch in 2012. Caleb Thielbar, who gave up the game-winning hit in the 10th, threw his last big league pitch in 2015. The entire 28-man American roster at the Olympic qualifying tournament that ended Sunday combined for a career 2.1...
National Football LeagueAround the League
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The Tennessee Titans have a very proud tradition of successful kickers over the past couple of decades ranging from Al Del Greco, Joe Nedney, the late Rob Bironas to now Ryan Succop. That’s what makes this season so very surprising. The Titans are on their third different kicker and already have...
National Basketball AssociationAround the League
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Carmelo Anthony had accepted the possibility that his NBA career might be over. That seems to have liberated him to come back on his own terms when he signed with the Portland Trail Blazers. “I came to a point where I was willing to accept it either way,” Anthony said after...